- This event has passed.
Convergent Facilitation: Train-the-Trainer
March 8, 2019 @ 10:00 am - March 11, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
Please note this workshop track is for participants who have experience in Convergent Facilitation and are interested in learning how to train others to use the model. If you are just beginning or fairly new to Convergent Facilitation we encourage you to take the Introduction and Deepening days through this track.
If you want to help other people learn how to use Convergent Facilitation in their work as team leaders, facilitators, mediators, or community organizers, join us for our first-ever Train-the-Trainer workshop.
Designed for people who have previously attended a Convergent Facilitation training and have already been applying it, this daylong workshop will equip you to share these practices with others so that they can also:
- Find the essence of what’s important to stakeholders who are potentially at odds with each other;
- Bring it all together into one set of principles;
- Formulate proposals that lead to breakthrough solutions.
While we celebrate having refined the Convergent Facilitation process over the past several years, we have reached only a small fraction of the people necessary to make a broader impact. Therefore, our goal is to train more people to be leaders and teachers of these practices.
If Convergent Facilitation has inspired you and you’re ready to take your practice to another level by both deepening your understanding of it and sharing it with others, join us for these components:
- Attend as a Participant the pre-workshop on March 8, 2019 with others like you who have already been impacted to the power of Convergent Facilitation and have been applying it in non-workshop settings and who want to share it with others.
- Participate as an Apprentice in the March 9-10 “Introduction to Convergent Facilitation” public workshop as part of the apprentice team that supports small groups and receives additional guidance and feedback from Roxy. And attend the “Deepening Daylong“ on March 11, 2019 as an opportunity to both deepen your own practice and learn how to engage with deeper questions from the field about applying Convergent Facilitation.
Miki and Roxy will be co-leading the March 8 and March 11 trainings. Roxy will be leading the Introduction on March 9-10.
What You Can Take Away from attending the March 8 pre-workshop:
- Key teaching points that you can use to share the Convergent Facilitation process with others in a clear and effective way.
- Tips about how to articulate the non-controversial essence of any position or opinion and how to help others do the same.
- Clarity about how to apply Nonviolent Communication principles in group decision-making (Convergent Facilitation) as compared to a personal development context (which is the main way that NVC has been applied historically).
What You Can Take Away from being an Apprentice at the March 9-10 public workshop:
- A unique vantage point of seeing how an experienced trainer carries out the workshop plan and makes on-the-fly course corrections to respond to what’s happening in the workshop.
- Invaluable insights about how to pierce through people’s surface positions into underlying needs, aspirations, and dreams in coming up with the Noncontroversial essence.
- Invaluable debriefing sessions at the end of each day including Roxy sharing why she made decisions at both the macro level (facilitating the workshop as a whole) and the micro level (specific choices she made at particular points in time), assisted by Miki supporting further distillation of key teaching and facilitation principles.
Please note this pricing is for participants who have experience in Convergent Facilitation and are interested in learning how to train others to use the model. If you are just beginning or fairly new to Convergent Facilitation we encourage you to take the Introduction and/or Deepening days through this track.
Trainer Track: $340-$620 sliding scale includes the March 8 Apprentice daylong, March 9 & 10 Introduction, and March 11 Deepening Daylong. The suggested price scale is based on attending all 4 days, and though we think attending all 4 days will result in the best learning of the material, you can attend just the Apprentice daylong or any part that works for you and pay accordingly. Let us know if you are called to participate and cannot contribute the minimum, as we want this to be available to all.
To register, fill out this registration form. Enter the amount you choose to pay in the box next to “My payment is,” enter the email address you want to use for event communications (registration confirmation,etc), and press the “Pay Now” button. Thank You!
If you already registered as a participant in the Introduction and/or Deepening sections and want to be in the Train-the-Trainer track, please email Heather and we’ll get you all set.
Oakland Peace Center
111 Fairmont Ave,
Oakland California, 94611
About the trainers, Miki Kashtan and Roxy Manning
Roxy Manning, Ph.D., a licensed clinical psychologist and CNVC Certified Trainer, has been using NVC in her psychotherapy practice since 2003, and has been formally teaching NVC since 2005. Roxy has worked directly with programs and people working towards social change in international settings. Roxy has worked with businesses and non-profits to increase their ability to function more cohesively as a team and to better understand and respond to client needs and requests. Roxy a passion for supporting both larger social change and individual healing and growth.
Miki Kashtan is Lead Collaboration Consultant at the Center for Efficient Collaboration. She has helped hundreds of people work together better in nonprofits, corporations, community groups, and government agencies, among others. Miki’s teaching focuses on hands-on practice and examples from participants’ real lives, so you’re prepared to use the Convergent Facilitation framework as soon as you return to work.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Heather Austin by email.