- This event has passed.
Convergent Facilitation: Introduction & Deepening Practice
March 9, 2019 @ 10:00 am - March 11, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
Workshop meets 10am-4pm daily
Working and decision-making in groups and teams doesn’t have to be a struggle
The Convergent Facilitation workshop teaches you – without sacrificing productivity – how to make decisions that tap into a group’s shared purpose and that everyone truly supports.
You can move from conflict to real collaboration
Convergent Facilitation tools can turn a dreaded meeting into a meaningful and efficient collaboration, even when there is conflict in your group. If your project is stalled by bottlenecks, you don’t get the information you need from the experts you’re counting on, critical voices aren’t at the table, or the issues are polarized and contentious, Convergent Facilitation can create a breakthrough path forward together.
Who it’s for
- Team leaders: Reap the benefits of whole-hearted collaboration: buy-in at all levels, a more cohesive team, and better decisions informed by stakeholder needs.
- Community organizers and activists: Learn to surface people’s core concerns and reach consensus decisions where no one is marginalized, while avoiding long, draining, divisive meetings.
- Facilitators: Zoom in on the source of conflicts, and learn transformative, practical options that work even when your group seems completely stuck.
- Mediators: Get new tools to help any number of parties work towards breakthrough solutions, using a process that is transparent to all.
What you can take away
- A practical, step-by-step process for discovering breakthrough solutions to problems that seemed unsolvable
- A strategy that helps people transcend conflicts, stretch beyond their initial positions, and embrace a decision that attends to everyone’s needs
- Many ways to keep a meeting moving forward without leaving anyone behind
Part 1 (March 9&10): Introduction to Convergent Facilitation with Roxy Manning, $155-$295 (sliding scale)
Part 2 (March 11): Deepening Practice of framework and facilitation with Roxy Manning and Miki Kashtan, $85-$155 (sliding scale) – Highly recommended, optional and open to those who have taken Part 1 or have participated in any other Convergent Facilitation training before. If you have experience in Convergent Facilitation and are interested in our train-the-trainer track, click here.
To register, fill out this registration form. Also, pick the days you are registering for (Part 1, Part 2, or Both) from the drop down menu, enter the amount you choose to pay in the box next to “My payment is,” enter the email address you want to use for event communications (registration confirmation,etc), and press the “Pay Now” button. Thank You!
Oakland Peace Center
111 Fairmont Ave,
Oakland California, 94611
About the trainers, Roxy Manning and Miki Kashtan
Roxy Manning, Ph.D., a licensed clinical psychologist and CNVC Certified Trainer, has been using NVC in her psychotherapy practice since 2003, and has been formally teaching NVC since 2005. Roxy has worked directly with programs and people working towards social change in international settings. Roxy has worked with businesses and non-profits to increase their ability to function more cohesively as a team and to better understand and respond to client needs and requests. Roxy a passion for supporting both larger social change and individual healing and growth.
Miki Kashtan is Lead Collaboration Consultant at the Center for Efficient Collaboration. She has helped hundreds of people work together better in nonprofits, corporations, community groups, and government agencies, among others. Miki’s teaching focuses on hands-on practice and examples from participants’ real lives, so you’re prepared to use the Convergent Facilitation framework as soon as you return to work.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Heather Austin by email.