With Certified C-NVC Trainer, Aya Caspi
Assisted by Kat Nadel and Anita Pottekkatt
EMPATHY – A PATH TO TRANSFORMING SEPARATION
Although conflict seems unavoidable in life, it doesn’t have to lead to separation. Learning to stay connected through empathy empowers us to navigate conflict and get on the other side of it, with deeper connection and deeper trust. But the path is not always obvious.
Empathy can be challenging when
- we are in pain about the other person’s choices
- we are attached to a certain outcome
- we struggle with self-judgment or judging the other person
- we are concerned about dropping what matters to us
Also, discerning empathy from other forms of responses and integrating it as an authentic and connecting response requires commitment and practice.
Learning empathy skills and refining our capacity for empathic presence can make a huge difference in the quality of connection we experience in our lives and in our capacity to heal and transform situations where separation is likely to take place.
Join us for a deep exploration and learning experience on how to become a force of peace and nonviolence using your own empathic presence.
- Discerning what empathy is and what it isn’t
- Different types and purposes of empathy
- Empathy as a spiritual practice
- Being Vs. Doing
- Hearing feelings and needs
- Empathic expression vs. empathic reflection
- Empathy in situations of intensity
- Empathy for healing
- Empathy for our enemies
Skills You Will Learn
- Integrating empathy as a core response
- Refining the quality of your empathy through coaching and feedback
- Finding your authentic empathic style
- Aligning your empathy to purpose and context
- Expanded capacity to receive empathy
- Identifying inner obstacles to staying in empathy
- Learning to follow and not to lead
- Increase harmony and understanding among others
- Stay more centered, open and effective in conflicts
- 8 – Teaching and Coaching sessions with Aya
- Empathic support and additional practice sessions with CNVC Certification Candidates, Kat and Anita
- Optional: working with assigned empathy buddy
Dates & Times for Course
8 Fridays (Please review carefully, as the dates do not follow a bi-weekly pattern)
June 8, 15, 29; July 6, 20; Aug 3, 10, 17
12:00pm-1:30pm Pacific Time
View the start time in your time zone HERE
Dates and Times for Additional Practice Sessions
Tuesdays with Anita from 2:00-3:00pm
Jun 12, 19, Jul 3, 17, 24, Aug 7, 14
Fridays with Kat from 12:00-1:00pm
June 22, July 13, 27
Zoom Video Conferencing
A link and the instructions for downloading the Zoom application will be sent to you in an email upon registering. If you have any technical difficulties, please email Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions take place using the Zoom video conferencing app. Participants can connect by webcam or by phone. There’s no additional cost for the app. Sessions will be recorded and made available to each registered participant for a limited amount of time. Recording for a particular segment may be temporarily suspended per request.
Sliding Scale: $350-$550
Please consider contributing on the higher end of the scale if you have the resources to do so. This supports the sustainability of this work, including those without the financial capacity to participate.
We understand scheduling conflicts may arise. Because the class builds on itself each week and our intention is to create a stable learning environment, we strongly recommend participating in as many classes as possible. This continuity helps maintain a sense of trust and safety among the group. If you already know you will miss some classes, please let us know in advance.