All Voices Fund
At BayNVC we know that the experiences of individuals, communities and organisations can be made more whole by recognizing, inviting, welcoming, and supporting perspectives often missing or overlooked because of the complex impacts of oppression and colonization. Therefore, as a staff of people with a variety of backgrounds, we have set aside a portion of a recent gift by a generous donor to create the All Voices Fund. We invite you to join us in providing financial support so that we all can deepen our work of nonviolence by making a donation. You can click here or on the button below.
The All Voices Fund seeks to address the historic and current gaps that keep people who have been marginalized* from fully engaging in principles of nonviolence. To that end, the purposes of the All Voices Fund are to:
- Support restitution and reconnection where possible using financial, material, and social resources including doing work to generate these resources.
- Proactively build relationship and learning with people (including, where appropriate, our own staff and trainers) and groups who have traditionally been marginalized by dominant society, and who may also have been marginalized by the ways in which NVC has been practiced.
- Support NVC practitioners (and others) to incorporate an anti-oppression lens into their work.
While we know that the vision of the All Voices Fund will continue to change and grow as we learn together what’s needed, our vision for 2019 is to use the All Voices Fund to address participation in current BayNVC and affiliated programming by:
- Providing people who have been marginalized* with financial support to cover the costs of tuition, food, and lodging at events
- Providing people who have been marginalized* with material and technical support to access online services
- Provide social and emotional support to people who have been marginalized* before, at, and after events
In our vision, the All Voices Fund will also be used to:
- Develop programming that is specifically for, by, and/or aimed at the needs of people who have been marginalized
- Support people of color* to become certified NVC trainers or acquire Recognized Role status.
- Support the creation of peer networks so that people who have been marginalized can have connection with like-experienced people who also engage principles and strategies of nonviolence.
- Support individuals and groups outside of BayNVC who do work grounded in nonviolence.
At a few recent events we’ve seen the emergence of bottom-up led initiatives to gather and share community resources to those differently impacted by capitalism, racism, and colonialism. We look forward to continued collaborative leadership. If you have perspectives to share or skills to offer, please get in touch: email@example.com