With C0-Trainers Aya Caspi, Cathy Bucher, and Talli Jackson.
- Think back to your own introduction to nonviolent communication (NVC). That new feeling of mattering, of being seen, of being heard and of being met.
- Step into leadership through this week-long immersive and open-space retreat.
- For those newer to NVC, spend a week experiencing the deep learning and connection of the BayNVC Leadership Program, relaunching in 2019.
About The Retreat
Renew your understanding of applying, facilitating and exploring NVC in:
- Structural power and unequal access to resources
- Conscious interdependence
- Mediation and group facilitation
- Core principles of NVC and principle-based teaching
- Transparency, authenticity, and vulnerability in relationships and groups
Connect with the community’s energy by joining a group of learners interested and invest in your growth. Taking time fun and play.
Special Learning Opportunities for Alumni
Alumni have the opportunity to extend their learning through with a series of teleclasses before the retreat. Alumni have an opportunity to develop an extensive full session offering, working with Roxy on principle based teaching design, and LP graduate, Visual Facilitation trainer Mireille Van Bremen, over four teleclasses, to design and implement an NVC learning you will give during the retreat. Alumni participating in this enhanced learning opportunity will also participate in feedback sessions on these offerings during the retreat
We offer an incredible NVC adventure for those of you with children. Our youth program will be led by Cathy Bucher and Tally Jackson – both highly skilled in the use of NVC with children – and is packed full of fun and creative activities throughout the week.
Our retreat is designed to deepen connections with other NVC practitioners and leaders; deepen one’s own NVC knowledge, skills and consciousness; and practice NVC living, leadership and training skills through:
- Creating a community that greets you with care and is dedicated to the practice of learning how to share and grow the quiet power of nonviolent communication.
- Experimenting with ways of creating experiential learning that you can bring back to your own communities to surface the strength of connection.
- Renewing your commitment to step into leadership and purpose-filled living
- Connecting with the community’s energy by joining a group of learners interested and invest in your growth.
- Take time for fun and play.
Our retreat is held at Monte Toyon in Aptos, Santa Cruz County, California. It is secluded among coastal redwoods just inland from the shores of Monterey Bay south of Santa Cruz. Monte Toyon is an inviting and versatile camp and retreat center.
Most people can expect to share a room with 2-4 others, though some private rooms are available. Baths are communal.
Tuition, Sliding Scale
- $900-$1,500 Adults (12 years and up)
- $300 for 11 years and under
Basic Expenses (Room & Board)
Adults, 12 and up
- $850 quad occupancy
- $950 double occupancy (limited availability)
- $1,150 single occupancy (limited availability)
Youth, 11 and under
- $650 shared room
The Monte Toyon kitchen crew create meals that emphasize healthy choices, for vegetarian, vegan and omnivore diners. We will pass along special food requests to the chefs. While they often can accommodate special diets, we also ask you to bring any food items that you would need to ensure your health and well-being.
Begin your registration by making a payment using the paypal buttons below. Our request is that you hold your spot by paying a deposit equivalent to your room and board option from above. If you are registering more than one person, please use the alternative amount button and enter the total for the people you are registering and we will be in contact to get further information. If payment at the level we are requesting is not possible at this time, please use the alternative amount button and pay what you can. We will have a participant google form available soon for you to fill out with food preferences and similar information. Please contact Aaron Tardos if you experience any difficulties with the registration process and/or need to make alternative arrangements for payment.
Please contact Aaron Tardos with any questions you may have.