Let’s face it: most of us don’t expect to go to work and enjoy ourselves. We interact with people we don’t expect to get to know really well. We assume we will either be told what to do, or tell others what to do, or both. Few of us truly trust that we can genuinely collaborate – across lines of authority, across departments, across cultural or class differences.
Yet we all hope, somewhere deep in us, that it is possible to meaningfully collaborate with others in contributing to a purpose larger than us.
In this workshop, Miki will accompany you as you move towards more collaboration and meaningful engagement to your days – Wherever you work, in whichever position. After years of working with people in many organizations, Miki brings to you the distillation of what she has learned. Collaboration in the Workplace is designed for real people working in real organizations. It’s not just about a vision for thriving, collaborative workplaces, although Miki will certainly share hers. This workshop is, primarily, about helping you find the inner strength and the tools that can support you in bringing the spirit of collaboration to your workplace, one thought, one conversation, and one meeting at a time.
What specifically might you learn?
- How to notice your own internal blocks to collaboration – and transcend them
- How you can support your own and others’ sense of choice when you engage with them in new ways
- How collaboration can improve decision-making and deliver more robust outcomes
- How power relations make collaboration less likely – and what you can do to form human relationships across those power differences
- Why systems matter and what groups and organizations can do encourage collaboration
The Collaboration in the Workplace workshop will focus on some key aspects of collaboration in the workplace including:
- The Inside Job of Collaboration
- The Building Blocks of Interpersonal Collaboration
- Creating and Sustaining Strong Teams
- Supporting a Culture of Collaboration
In this workshop, Miki will:
- Develop, in collaboration with you, a vision of what’s possible
- Offer her unconditional acceptance and empathy for any gap between current reality and the vision
- Provide practical steps, grounded in NVC principles and practices, to take you further than you may have imagined in the direction of the vision
$900-$650 per participant
El Manantial Lodge, located in the mountains of San Gerardo de Dota, Costa Rica.
How to Register
Click here for further information and registrations.