Register for 6-Week Practice Group
Most of our lives, we have been taught to judge, blame, shame and guilt-trip ourselves and others – to do things out of obligation and duty, rather than willingness and joy.
Would you choose to stay in this habitual pattern that disconnects us from our friends and families? If you’re reading this message, chances are that you’re looking for another way.
NVC gives us a new way of thinking and speaking from the heart that builds the connection we so long for. Practicing in a group allows for faster integration and personal growth.
Come join Kat Nadel, assisted by Erin Anderson, and get support to have your own experiences of transforming your relationships.
Practice Group Details
Schedule and Location:
6 Thursdays from
May 3 – June 14 (skipping May 17)
6:30pm – 9:00pm
First Congregational Church
2345 Channing Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
in the Tower room
We understand scheduling conflicts may arise. Because the class material builds on itself each week and our intention is to create a stable learning environment, we request that you attend at least 5 out of the 6 classes. We also recommend everyone attend the first class and not miss two classes in a row.
- Parallel Universe of Feelings and Needs
- Feelings and Thoughts
- Needs and Strategies
- Empathy and Self-Empathy
- Translating Judgements
- Understanding and Expressing Anger
- Hearing and Saying “No”
- What is NVC Consciousness?
- Experience less painful and shorter conflicts
- Move from conflict to mutual strategies
- Have more awareness of your needs, wants and desires
- Be able to express yourself authentically
- Have your needs expressed and understood
- Increase congruence between your values and actions
- Translate judgments into dialogues and requests
- Increase harmony and understanding among others
- Stay more centered, open and effective in conflicts
- Have more fun, joy and pleasure in your life
Participants should have some idea of what NVC is. Recommendations include attending an NVC Introduction and/or reading the beginning of Marshall Rosenberg’s book: Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life.
Tuition is on a sliding scale of $250 – $350.
We ask you to consider the value of the course and to contribute what you believe the course is worth for you, given your resources.
We will offer between 2 and 3 scholarships depending on the number of people who register. For more information about financial solutions, please fill out this
Financial Assistance Form.